[Pdx-pm] Why did this "force install" fix Kwiki?

chromatic chromatic at wgz.org
Sun Nov 11 09:36:24 PST 2007

On Saturday 10 November 2007 23:56:03 Marvin Humphrey wrote:

> This seems like it was a monumentally bad design decision.  Why
> wasn't weaken() put in a separate distro?  Am I missing something?

As far as I can tell, Scalar::Util and List::Util have become the dumping
ground for things which probably should have been core language features but
aren't.

F'r example, the ref operator almost never does the right thing.
Scalar::Util::reftype() almost always does (except for that pesky
undef-returning bit).

-- c