[Pdx-pm] Kwiki with Scode CAPTCHA

Keith Lofstrom keithl at kl-ic.com
Thu May 10 12:42:48 PDT 2007

I have been having troubles with Kwiki and wikispam.  I tried Typekey,
but all that does is verify that vandals can easily get unmonitored
Typekey accounts.

Instead, I added Kwiki::Scode and Kwiki::Edit::Scode to my plugins,
which adds a 6 numeral captcha to the edit page.  This will not make
wikispam impossible, but it should slow it down a bit.  You can try
it out on a test page at wiki.dirvish.org .

Note that I had to add GD.pm, which meant that I had to add libpng
and libgd and other libraries to my linux server.  That was most of
the work involved.

This might help Eric deal with the wikispam on the pdx.pm wiki .

Keith