[Pdx-pm] kwiki2 at keithl.com, with typekey

Keith Lofstrom keithl at kl-ic.com
Fri Mar 30 07:29:09 PDT 2007

On Thu, Mar 29, 2007 at 10:55:34AM -0800, Bruce J Keeler wrote:
> That worked.  Feel free to play about with
> http://pdxpmtest.drangle.com/kwiki now.  We could cut over if it looks good.

After a little more noodling around, I have my six kwiki sites moved
to kwiki 2.  Including typekey authentication, which is pretty neat.
All that is wrong (discovered so far) is that the "changed by" strip
on the bottom of the page does not get a name.

For the pdx.pm site, I believe the point of the kwiki2 conversion was
to add some authentication to stop the wikispam, perhaps with typekey.
I suspect that is not a complete blockage - the spammers can sign up
with typekey, too - but at least typekey.com can keep track of the
bastards and aim missiles at them.

Go to typekey and sign up.  Then you can practice at kwiki.org, or at
my site.

I /still/ like all the extra features that come with TWiki, and I'm
still thinking about converting, but perhaps Ingy and gang will add
a big heap of features to kwiki and I won't have to.  For now, the
default skin for TWiki is a little too crowded, and the simpler
skins are missing authentication, so TWiki has a ways to go, too.

I love lively competition.  Gentlebeings, start your engines!

Keith