[Pdx-pm] browser as kitchen sink?

Michael G Schwern schwern at pobox.com
Wed Mar 28 16:47:24 PDT 2007

Keith Lofstrom wrote:
> Noting Schwern's suggestions (thanks!), I enabled MozEx to edit TEXTAREA
> boxes with function key F2, calling  "xterm -e vim %t" on my linux/firefox
> browser.  Works OK.  Good to know about!
>
> I could not get "Its all text" to work - the edit button comes up, but
> left-click does nothing.  I have just "vim" in the editor preference
> box.  What should go in that box?  How is this supposed to work?

"Its all text" has the problem that its not accepting a command line but an
executable.  You can't do "xterm -e vim", it bitches that its not an
executable.  Also I believe you have to give it a full path.  You're probably
going to have to give it a stand-alone executable such as gvim or something.
Or maybe write a little shell script.