[Pdx-pm] TWiki as substitute for kwiki?

Michael G Schwern schwern at pobox.com
Tue Mar 27 23:29:20 PDT 2007

Eric Wilhelm wrote:
> But, then I wonder why we don't just use subversion.  (And, honestly, I
> don't like to edit much of anything outside of vim.)  If the layout
> engine could play nice with dotReader, a plugin might be able to serve
> as a client-side preview tool.  That, or I could get over my desire to
> preview and just write everything in unmarked text.

There's the rub.  If you're editing content on your local filesystem and can't
see how its going to look rendered until AFTER you push it then you've got a
problem.  Its like doing your crossword with a pen.

To the "I hate editing in a web browser textarea" folks I say don't downgrade
the world you Luddites, GET BETTER TECHNOLOGY!
http://www.calmar.ws/firefox/
http://mozex.mozdev.org/
http://olifante.blogs.com/covil/2006/04/firefox_editing.html