[Pdx-pm] TWiki as substitute for kwiki?

Ingy dot Net ingy at ingy.net
Tue Mar 27 11:15:09 PDT 2007

On 26/03/07 22:02 -0700, Keith Lofstrom wrote:

> Mongers:
>
> Some weeks back we were engaged in a discussion of replacing the PDX
> Perl Mongers kwiki with something more secure, and I have been looking
> for the same thing for the 5 kwikis I manage.  I was considering MediaWiki
> for a while.   Eric warned us that MediaWiki is poorly written.  It also
> turns out to be large, and dependent on MySQL, and difficult to set up.
> Tastes bad, more filling.

What do you want out of Kwiki?

Kwiki 2.0 is working better than ever, is again under constant development,
and has a zero dependency install.

I think most importantly in this context, Kwiki isn't just a wiki
written in Perl. It's a wiki that's all about Perl foremost. I'd be sad
to see a pm group leave Kwiki without giving it a fighting chance.

So let me know what you need out of Kwiki. There's a lot of new stuff around
the corner. Let's see if it will help you out.

Cheers, Ingy