[Pdx-pm] CPAN problem

Thomas J Keller kellert at ohsu.edu
Fri Mar 16 09:42:14 PDT 2007

Thanks for your help Eric, chromatic and Andy.
I thought "make clean" from within cpan would work. It didn't, but it
indicated the problem:
#####
cpan> clean Storable
Running clean for module Storable
Running make clean
Distribution seems to have never been unzipped/untarred, nothing done

cpan> install Storable
Storable is up to date (2.15).
#####

So I'd never find the installed library cause they never got
installed. But the cpan index showed the latest Storable as having
been installed.

I was able to reinstall Storable using cpan by using the force option
and that seems to have done the trick, at least now my kwiki wikis
are working. (upgraded to kwiki2 in the process)

But I still don't find a storable.dylib or storable.so file anywhere. ??
####
sudo find / -iname storable.dylib -print
catinthehat:~ kellert$ !459
sudo find / -iname storable.so -print
catinthehat:~ kellert$
#####
Nothing with those names. But Storable is presumably working
correctly, at least as far as is needed by kwiki.

thanks again,
Tom K