[Pdx-pm] No recruiters, please?

Eric Wilhelm scratchcomputing at gmail.com
Mon Jun 18 16:18:53 PDT 2007

# from Randal L. Schwartz
# on Monday 18 June 2007 03:07 pm:

>alan> So we need a rule that recruiters need to buy food/beer/cider?
>
>Yes... if a recruiter wants to "sponsor" a monthly meeting by
> providing foodstuffs for all of us in exchange for a 3-minute pitch
> of their choice, I'd vote for that.

Well, sort of.  I think any objections to a given recruiter means they
can find their own venue whether they've got beer or not.  Thus,
they're still in the "better ask first" category, (rather than some
random recruiter showing up and expecting to get the floor to recruit
for doTnet jobs just because they bought us a five pack.)

--Eric
--
A counterintuitive sansevieria trifasciata was once literalized
guiltily.