[Pdx-pm] No recruiters, please? (was Re: Contract Opportunity)

Austin Schutz tex at off.org
Mon Jun 18 10:31:51 PDT 2007

On Sun, Jun 17, 2007 at 07:59:37PM -0700, Amy Farrell wrote:
> I'll float a draft, since I suggested a page. It seems four days is
> enough for me to forget the details of what was discussed, so please
> forgive (and correct!) me where this is inaccurate:

> pdx-pm-list is for the discussion of perl and related topics by
> portland perl mongers members.
>
> Job postings from principals (not recruiters) are welcome as long as
> perl programming is a primary part of the job. "My company is hiring a
> perl programmer" is good, "Company X needs to hire a FizBinn
> programmer and perl would be nice too" is not. Please do not join the
> list just to post job offerings.

	This is good and nicely worded. Off the record I would say that if
any of you who actually program computers for a living and/or have showed
up to a couple of meetings were looking for FizBinn programmers with perl
experience that would be fine too.
	On the record I'll say you should be tarred and forced to program
in Tcl for two weeks straight.

	Austin