[Pdx-pm] [build in defaults to method calls from the outside] need some help thinking thru this one

benh ben.hengst at gmail.com
Wed Jul 25 08:37:55 PDT 2007

> If you are passing the same parameter to all of the methods of an
> object, then that parameter should really be a field on that
> object. Or on some other object, depending on the requirements.
> If that doesn't seem viable, that basically means your OO design
> is clumsy.

I'll aggree that theres lots of improvement on the conceptual level.
Though to clarify the BookInfo module is designed to be more of a
library of how to find the information... for example you could:

foreach my $isbn (@$isbns) {
   $data->{$isnb}->{title} = $BookInfo->get_title($isbn);
}

So in an instance like this it would seem more like a hog to have to
create a new instance of BookInfo just to pass an isbn to get the
title... in instance where you need that thats where Single ISBN comes
in.

Sorry if I did not explain that very well.

thanks everyone for all the responses. I have more then enough to poke
at things with.