[Pdx-pm] More kwiki attacks

Eric Wilhelm scratchcomputing at gmail.com
Wed Feb 28 10:48:43 PST 2007

# from Bruce J Keeler
# on Wednesday 28 February 2007 10:43 am:

>Eric Wilhelm wrote:
>> Well, as much as I love editing rcs files, I think it might be time
>> to do something else.  Our edits to hacks ratio is looking rather
>> lame, so in our case I'm not sure we're getting that much milage out
>> of a wiki.
>
>How sophisticated are the attack scripts?  Would they be confused by
>something as simple as, say, changing the name of the form field that
>gets submitted?  Or adding a hidden field with a special value that
> gets checked by the wiki code?

Possibly, but if they become only slightly more sophisticated they will
easily catch-up to that.

The sad truth is that we have more edit from bots than people.  I think
that violates one of the "why wiki works" laws.

--Eric
--
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler."
--Albert Einstein