[Pdx-pm] The art of volunteering

Josh Heumann perl-pm at joshheumann.com
Tue Feb 20 02:36:20 PST 2007

<quote who='benh' when='Sun, Feb 18, 2007 at 11:01:55PM -0800'>
> well it's not really a single speaker type of thing but I could
> suggest some things, though there mostly issues like... how do I
> convince co-workers to start writing tests?

If they're insterested, you can give a little talk at work.

If they're not interested or convinced, just start quietly writing tests
for your own stuff.  When your tests start catching otherwise
uncatchable bugs, you can say, "Hey, I caught this bug before it went
into production.  And it was alllll thanks to testing!"

While we're talking about testing, what's the general feeling on testing
protected and private methods?

PS.  Greetings from down under!  It was 38C all weekend!
PPS. Apologies to benh, who got this a brazillian times.  The heat must
be going to my head.