[Pdx-pm] Perl 5.10 (for people who are not totally insane)

Michael G Schwern schwern at pobox.com
Tue Dec 18 16:41:41 PST 2007

rjbs' talk about the new features in 5.10 is fantastic.  It covers the big,
interesting features that will impact day-to-day coding rather than the tiny
little features that are only of interest to wonks like me that read every
message on p5p.

"Remember how bad you wanted to see Star Wars: Episode 1?  That's how excited
you should be for 5.10, but it won't suck (no POD race scene)."

say, dor, named regex captures, state variables, better warnings, smart
matching, inside-out objects, a real switch statement...

Ahh email, my old friend.  Do you know that revenge is a dish that is best
served cold?  And it is very cold on the Internet!