[Pdx-pm] it ain't rocket science

Eric Wilhelm scratchcomputing at gmail.com
Fri Aug 3 16:24:12 PDT 2007

# from Michael G Schwern
# on Friday 03 August 2007 12:13 am:

>Before you can find a real solution must first understand what the
> real problem is.

Exhibit A:  The classic "this site has moved" page, but with absolutely
no textual mention of the new url (by rocket scientists.)

  http://www.estec.esa.int/thermal/

I guess the point is:  absolutely the first thing you should do
(whenever it is remotely feasible) is

   try it.

I suppose rocket scientists don't get enough opportunities to do that,
so they forget how.

--Eric
--
The opinions expressed in this e-mail were randomly generated by
the computer and do not necessarily reflect the views of its owner.