[Pdx-pm] Making web pages that display "working on your request"

Randal L. Schwartz merlyn at stonehenge.com
Thu Aug 2 18:29:27 PDT 2007

>>>>> "Kevin" == Kevin Scaldeferri <kevin at scaldeferri.com> writes:

Kevin> Well, I'm working on a site where people explicitly are going to want
Kevin> to point other people to the results of queries, and most people expect
Kevin> to do that by "Cmd-L Cmd-C ... change applications... Cmd-V", and you
Kevin> just broke that.  Now the user has to figure out how the heck to send a
Kevin> link to someone else via whatever custom method your website decided to
Kevin> use.

So you're planning on keeping the results of *every* query *ever* done?
I hope you have a budget for infinite disk.

And if so, you *do* want the session number in there, so that the results
are referring to *that* session.

I'm sorry that you haven't made your goals clear to me.  I'm working
across purposes because I don't get your point.