[Pdx-pm] Live Parrot Sketch -- March 11th meeting one week away
chromatic at wgz.org
Wed Apr 4 23:04:11 PDT 2007
On Wednesday 04 April 2007 16:40, Seven till Seven wrote:
The Present and Phuture of Parrot:
- what is this thing and why are P-jokes funny?
- what does Parrot do and what will it someday become?
- a tour of the design and architecture in terms of features
- a tour of the source code so you have no excuse not to hack on it
- a tour of the Parrot Compiler Tools so you can help us write Perl 6
- a tour of Parrot's native PIR language
Parrot is a virtual machine designed to run Perl 6 as well as any other
dynamic language it can attract. Its bright, colorful plumage belies a very
serious intent: to be the best possible platform for language invention and
interoperability for the next twenty years--or more.
This talk explores Parrot from all of its interesting technical aspects: the
features it supports, what's where in the source code, how to use it on its
own merits, and how to use it to build your own dynamic language.
Some programming experience will be helpful, but you need know nothing about
Perl 6, Perl 5, or Parrot. The first two rows will get wet.
More information about the Pdx-pm-list