[Pdx-pm] Off-Topic: anyone purchased a well-designed SATA enclosure from Oregon retailer?

DK Smith dks at mediaweb.com
Tue Oct 24 15:45:31 PDT 2006

Hi,

I'm in the region and wondering if there is there a local Oregon
retailer worthy of recommendation and praise for having superb computer
peripheral products? And perhaps they also stock a well-designed SATA
enclosure, too?

In any event I am searching low and high for a QUALITY enclosure (one
with a fan for heat exhaust, interfaces for firewire and multiple
firewire devices, at that, eSATA would be useful. Not having much luck.
Typically finding junk products or retailers that discourage phone
usage. I'm also not to keen on dealing with these Internet retailers,
like satagear.com, who appear to possess multiple web site identities
when there is actually one business in Florida. Nothing against FL. :)

So I thought perhaps I could find a recommendation by one of the good
people on this regional list?

Cheers,
DK

PS; apologies if I broke canonical rules but this is a great community
with valuable experience to share, right. :)