[Pdx-pm] Instance hash ( keyed array )

Roderick A. Anderson raanders at acm.org
Wed Oct 18 16:32:39 PDT 2006

Wil Cooley wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-10-18 at 01:51 -0700, Eric Wilhelm wrote:
>
>> I'll also second the comments about the join -- save that for output.
>> And I'll throw in a cringe regarding the global (hopefully just
>> package) variables $FldDelim and $RcdDelim (make that 4 cringes: one
>> for camel casing plus the global per each.)
>
> How about two more cringes for the compressed 8-character variable
> naming, instead of something legible like $record_delimiter and
> $field_delimiter?

Hey. It looks cooler!

Who knows?

When I started the script version several months I tried to use the same
names as the MRTK used.  In these two cases that was DELIMITER_FIELD and
DELIMITER_RECORD.   To COBOL-ish so I picked RcdDelim and FldDelim as
they allow visual alignment.

Again who knows.  As I re-write/transmogrify it I'll probably make them
_all_ more human.

>  Time to replace that 300 baud modem with cable or
> DSL!

Losing the DSL the end of the month and Adelphia has been bought by Time
Warner Telecomm so it is interesting trying to get a price or place
order online.  That 300 baud modem is looking more likely daily -- well
   actually a 56k is what I'll have to use if.

Rod