[Pdx-pm] Librarian

Eric Wilhelm scratchcomputing at gmail.com
Wed May 17 17:24:57 PDT 2006

# from Eric Wilhelm
# on Tuesday 16 May 2006 12:09 pm:

>If nobody objects (or actually -- volunteers to make it otherwise) the
>library will be stored in an undisclosed location offsite.

The (lack of) votes are in.

A big thanks to Gabrielle Roth for volunteering to take over this bundle
of books.  If you haven't met her yet, she'll be the one smiling and
handing you a book when you request one (as long as you put in your
request prior to 4:30pm on Tuesday (the one before the second
Wednesday.))

We'll get a current list of books on the wiki in due time.  Meanwhile,
if you're dying to read something that's been mentioned in the recent
dispatches from the publishers, please contact gabrielle.roth at xo.com.

Note that our library has much better terms than even your local public
library.  If you write a review for the book, you even get to keep it.
We also don't bug you about overdue books, (though some of the other
members might.)

--Eric
--
Atavism  n:  The recurrence of any peculiarity or disease of an ancestor
in a subsequent generation, usually due to genetic recombination.