[Pdx-pm] April Meeting -- .ogg

Austin Schutz tex at off.org
Tue Mar 28 00:30:01 PST 2006

On Mon, Mar 27, 2006 at 11:05:50PM -0500, dhmedley at aol.com wrote:
> > Dennis, do you want to take over the helm of the group after Josh has
> held rank for the last two
> > years ?
> What was that Robert Heinlein line ?  "I am only an egg" -- this group
> is known for expertise, and I
> have no reputation for that ( yet ).  I would respectfully decline the
> nomination, if it was ever offered.

	I might have missed the email where Josh said he had had enough
of dealing with the miscreants - but please don't be dissuaded by being
an "egg". The skillset required to keep the group organized has little
to do with being a perl guru.
	In fact, last time the position was open none of the real
smartypantses (you know who you are) excepting Josh volunteered. If the idea of
running a group like this sounds like fun and you find the subject matter
intriguing, go for it! If you're not sure how much of a pain in the ass
we are, ask Josh.
	Come to think of it, it might be nice to have a brain dump from
the current and past benevolent leaders regarding the responsibilities
and rewards (ha ha) of running the group on the wiki or somesuch.