[Pdx-pm] IO::Socket::INET wakeup call

Roderick A. Anderson raanders at acm.org
Fri Mar 3 08:39:08 PST 2006

Lisa Kachold wrote:
> Roderick,
>
> This depends entirely on where in the OSI stack your connection is failing.
>
> If you are connecting on either side through a 802.11b/g firewall
> Netgear or Linksys device, your connection might actually be failing for
> a number of reasons:

Thanks Lisa.

The two systems are on an internal switch.  After sending the message
out yesterday I got thinking it might be a Windows NIC driver issue.
I'll be checking on the WAKE on LAN settings and/or the-go-to-sleep-when
-no-activity is set.

I'm also going to go the cheap route and ping the system before making
an IO connection attempt.

Again thanks for the thoughts and links.

Rod