[Pdx-pm] Open Source in Venezuela

Jeff Zucker jeff at vpservices.com
Wed Jul 26 19:37:35 PDT 2006

The event I mentioned last week will be this Friday, the place has
changed.  If you can't make our spot at OSCON (Thursday 4:30), please
come to this public event.

*Software Libre and the Bolivarian Revolution*

/Friday July 28, 7 PM

311 N. Ivy St. (see http://liberty-hall.org/location.html for directions)
/
Free and Open Source Software (Software Libre) developers in Venezuela
are actively exploring ways that software can be used to further the
social goals of the Bolivarian movement and the Chavez government.  Come
hear from people involved first hand in the new Information Technology
law, in projects using software to increase transparency and citizen
participation in government, in the move for open Science in the public
interest, and in the move to support worker-control and local industry
through software development work cooperatives.  Speakers will include
Alejandro Imass, Lino Ramirez and Jeff Zucker.

--
Jeff