[Pdx-pm] all your authors are belong to us

Eric Wilhelm scratchcomputing at gmail.com
Mon Jul 3 12:29:26 PDT 2006

# from Joshua Keroes
# on Monday 03 July 2006 11:51 am:

>TCAINE is in Seattle now.
>CLINT is in the Middle-of-nowhere, WA but he still self-identifies as
>   a Portlander.
>OVID - as we all know - is in Nottingham, UK

OK, I'll +CLINT and -TCAINE.

Just to be crystal clear, here's the procedure.  At some point, I'll
clean this up and/or let people use the wiki to modify the four +/-
files.

SYNOPSIS: you must tell me if:

  * your modules are in last year's list and you want them removed

  * you moved away and don't want your new modules listed

  * I know you moved away and you do want your new modules listed

  * you published modules you don't want listed

  * you want nothing to do with this listing of modules business

  * you have the same name as someone from pdx but are not
  on the mailing list :-)

  * you want the source code for these hacks

----
  # found_ids.txt is generated by a very fallible e-mail search and
  # multiple types of attempts at name-matching
  cat author_data/found_ids.txt author_data/names+.txt | \
    multigrep --none author_data/names-.txt | \
    sort -u > author_data/updated_id_list.txt

  # this gets IDs from the update_id_list.txt file and checks CPAN
  ./hacks/authored_modules > module_list_2006.pre.txt

  cat \
      author_data/modules+.txt \
      module_list_2005.txt \
      module_list_2006.pre.txt | sort -u | \
    multigrep --none author_data/modules-.txt > module_list_2006.txt
----

# author_data/names-.txt
JMCADA
JOUKE
PETDANCE
SHLOMIF
SISYPHUS
AMONSEN
TCAINE

# author_data/names+.txt
OVID
INGY
DBROWNING
HOLLYKING

# author_data/modules+.txt (added this file just for you c)
Devel::TraceUse

# author_data/modules-.txt
CGI::Application
CGI::Application::Plugin::ConfigAuto