[Pdx-pm] Javascript/DOM references/books

Marvin Humphrey marvin at rectangular.com
Tue Jan 31 16:53:45 PST 2006

On Jan 31, 2006, at 4:33 PM, Kris Bosland wrote:

> 	I am now doing a bunch of JavaScript/DOM for a web page and I am
> not satisfied with the references I have found on the web.  What are
> peoples favorite references?  Is there a clearly useful book?  I
> like the
> perl cookbook and I have heard there is a javascript/dhtml
> cookbook.  Does
> anyone recommend that?

I own that and the 5th edition of the Javascript Bible, both of which
are by Danny Goodman.  I have found that the problem I most often
face with javascript is trying to figure out how to adapt my own
algos -- I know a perfectly good way of doing something, but I need
to know which DOM features are available in the browsers I'm
targeting to make the implementation fly. For this, the Javascript
Bible is much more useful.

Marvin Humphrey
Rectangular Research
http://www.rectangular.com/