[Pdx-pm] Pod::Coverage Weirdness with Class::Trait

Eric Wilhelm scratchcomputing at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 10:24:37 PST 2006

(Did I miss the start of this thread earlier on the list or did it just
get injected?)

# from Ovid
# on Wednesday 15 February 2006 07:46 am:

>Now that I look at this, I wonder if searching the $self inheritance
>tree would be better than checking caller?

Yes.  As long as you want to be able to call a SUPER:: method from
outside of the context of the package.  Only quibble here is that
that's not something that one should(TM) do.  Admittedly, you want to
be able to do that in tests and probably don't want to have to declare
a package in your tests.  Furthermore, since perl allows you to call a
super method from main, you don't want it to break (at least not
silently.)

Taking another look at this, I wonder if you really need the autoload
for super if you switch to method injection.  The only reason that the
current caller(1) incantation works seems to be that caller is the
eval().

--Eric
--
"Insert random misquote here"