[Pdx-pm] February Meeting

Josh Heumann perl-pm at joshheumann.com
Thu Feb 2 12:08:16 PST 2006

<quote who='Kelly White' when='Thu, Feb 02, 2006 at 11:36:15AM -0800'>
> So are these always held at Free Geek?  Last time I took the bus and
> once I got there the people at Free Geek said it was actually somewhere
> else.  An email alerting the change in venue would have been nice?  :)
> Seriously though, is Free Geek usually where these are at?

Sorry about that, Kelly.  Last time we were the victims of a lack of
organization on Free Geek (for those of you who missed the fun, they have
two competing reservation schedules, and we were only on one of them),
so we had to do some last-minute scrambling to find a new location.
I probably should have sent an email, but unless people check their
email as often as they blink, it wouldn't have helped many people.

I'm working on making sure that we don't have another schedule collision
again; as much as it sucks that Free Geek has two scheduling systems, it's nice
to have a regular meeting place and we've been meeting there for over a
year now.

Sorry again for the confusion.  Hope to see you next week.

Josh