[Pdx-pm] kwiki spam and notification

Keith Lofstrom keithl at kl-ic.com
Wed Aug 30 03:20:28 PDT 2006

Watching the kwiki:

I use the  Kwiki::Notify::Mail and  Kwiki::Edit::RequireUserName
plugins to send email to me when a page changes.  If the spammers
are active, the name is usually a tipoff.  The notification mailing
address can be an alias for a list of cleanup volunteers.

Anonymity is necessary where there is controversy and the potential
for personal threats.  The pdx-pm group is rarely subject to such
issues, and identifying contributors is valuable to all of us.  If
that changes, kwiki easily permits fake identification.

Keith

P.S.:  Here is the complete list of the options I use:

  Kwiki::Display
  Kwiki::Edit
  Kwiki::Htaccess
  Kwiki::Theme::Basic