[Pdx-pm] hackfest? / Sept meeting

Eric Wilhelm scratchcomputing at gmail.com
Thu Aug 10 10:28:28 PDT 2006

We're now taking suggestions on times and places for the hackfests.

Some possible foci:

  * design-pattern snippets (wiki?)
    (Real-world problems, smells, etc and their refactorings,
    plus tests.  Also maybe script/module templates.)

  * create a module
    * can't
    * Moose::Classless
    * PDX.pm (a "how we have fun with perl" howto distribution?)
    * Inline::Smalltalk

  * build an application
    * freepan
    * seepan (author/module dependency database/search)
    * something else

We also need a speaker/topic for the Sept. meeting.  If the hackfest
happens and goes well, the participants may be presenting the results
then (as an aside or possibly as a full-length presentation.)

--Eric
--
"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."
--George Santayana