[Pdx-pm] April Meeting

Marvin Humphrey marvin at rectangular.com
Wed Apr 12 11:16:28 PDT 2006

On Apr 12, 2006, at 10:44 AM, Eric Wilhelm wrote:

> Your homework assignment is to bring one or more topics from your
> wishlist for presentations, workshops, or discussions.

I'm into seeing people present about their latest projects and
accomplishments.  I like more academic presentations, like last
month's, or like Ovid's presentation on test-driven development.  And
I sure like it when out-of-town gurus like Stas drop in.  But those
sorts of things require a seriously motivated presenter.

It's easier to prepare a presentation about the stuff you're working
on already, and it benefits the presenter to hear feedback and
questions.  The local talent pool is deep, and I like seein' what
y'all have been up to.   The only reservation I have about such talks
is that sometimes they are esoteric.  Fine, split the night into 2 or
more talks.

> Maybe we should have an IRC channel active during
> the meeting?

That'd be coo.  I'm not going to make it up there tonite.

Marvin Humphrey
Rectangular Research
http://www.rectangular.com/