[Pdx-pm] CGI - form creation & form input testing

Roth, Gabrielle gabrielle.roth at xo.com
Mon Oct 24 13:13:20 PDT 2005

Hey all, I'm playing around writing my first real cgi script & I need
some advice.

The script is fairly simple - FLW ;) - a few text fields & one radio
button, & it just takes some user-defined numbers & generates some other
numbers.  Whee.

1. Is CGI::Form the recommended module for generating the form itself?

2. I need to generate a couple of series of test inputs - first would be
valid data, so I can verify that my script is doing the math correctly;
second would be invalid data (e.g. letters) so I can verify that it
handles errors correctly.  Can I build something that does that with
HTTP::Request::Form or CGI::Test::(mumble) or am I barking up the wrong
tree?  I can't be the first person who needed to do this, but google's
not being much help. >:(

- gabrielle -
data != information