[Pdx-pm] 3 tech stories at News4Neighbors.org

David Pool dpool at hevanet.com
Mon Oct 24 12:19:41 PDT 2005

On Sun, 2005-10-23 at 15:06 -0700, David Wheeler wrote:
> On Oct 23, 2005, at 2:36 PM, David Pool wrote:
>
> > I know there are a few O'Reilly people on the list, any advice on
> > getting a press pass would be most welcome. I'm 0 for 2 so far on
> > asking
> > for one myself.
>
> You could always ask James Duncan Davidson what he has, and under
> what terms he'd be willing to let you publish his photos. See
>
>    http://www.flickr.com/photos/x180/
>
> And, for this year's OSCON:
>
>    http://www.flickr.com/photos/x180/sets/660556/

Thanks for the pointer, he actually states that the low res stuff is
available under the creative commons attribution license which is very
cool. Upon scanning the 163 image thumbnails I don't see Ovid or Allison
though... or any locals for that matter.

Local Portland stuff is not O'Reilly's focus, they've as much as told me
so. The result is that local coverage is done at the parties and free
events like FOSCON over at Free Geek, or the free PHP stuff that
happened at PSU during OSCON 2005. And the Stonehenge party of
course :-)