[Pdx-pm] Poll: traits

Marvin Humphrey marvin at rectangular.com
Sat Nov 19 12:40:39 PST 2005

On Nov 19, 2005, at 12:27 PM, chromatic wrote:

> You shouldn't have to inherit from a trait to perform that
> trait.  (You should have to declare that you intent to perform that
> trait, but that's a different story.)

That sounds like a Java interface.  Ovid indicated that you could
define the default behavior of a Trait -- unlike interfaces.  Is
defining a Trait's default behavior mandatory or optional?

Even if it's mandatory you can define it to throw an exception, I
suppose.

     sub explode { confess "explode must defined in a subclass" }

Marvin Humphrey
Rectangular Research
http://www.rectangular.com/