[Pdx-pm] Rearranging tests

Andy Lester andy at petdance.com
Sun Nov 13 13:24:09 PST 2005

On Nov 13, 2005, at 1:50 PM, Andrew Savige wrote:

> Though it may be convenient to run them in a particular order, a
> "good" property of a test suite is "test isolation"; that is, you
> should be able to run the tests in any order (the --shuffle option
> of Test::Harness prove command helps test that property).

That's exactly why I added --shuffle.  Also, imagine that you have a
set of tests, A, B and C, and C only succeeds because B has a side-
effect that C relies on, inadvertantly.  If you never run  them in a
different order, you'll never know that.

xoxo,
Andy

--
Andy Lester => andy at petdance.com => www.petdance.com => AIM:petdance