[Pdx-pm] Presenter for June? (fwd)

Kris Bosland krisb at ring.org
Sun May 29 21:37:53 PDT 2005

	I want to use a customizable wiki for task management, collecting
ideas, general notes and little 'manuals' for myself.

	I liked Kwiki initially because it looked easy to customize, but I
saw that lots of people were working on some useful customizations that
looked useful, like RCS integration.  I waited, and got some more
versions, but suddenly I was having a hard time getting them to run on my
Win32 laptop.  I spent some debug time, then waited for a later version
trying to get that to work, with no success so far.

	I would like to hear about other peoples experiences with wikis or
other systems used for this kind of personal documentation.  Some features
I am interested in:

1. Not to big a learning curve to customize
2. Works on Win32 as well as *nix
3. Supports hierarchical and hyperlink organization, and metadata
4. Some markup, but it doesn't need to be fancy
5. Quick startup to start entering data
6. I would like it if I don't have to run Apache to run this system.
   Should be able to run from a perl based web server
   (There is a HTTP-Server-Simple-Kwiki but I haven't gotten a recent
   kwiki working...)

Any ideas?  I would like to hear what systems other people use for this
kind of organization, maybe I am looking in the wrong direction.  In
general, I just forget more things than I would like to, and I have not
yet found a system that feels like a good match to help me with that.

Thanks.

-Kris