[Pdx-pm] Data::Dumper::Simple

Ovid publiustemp-pdxpm at yahoo.com
Wed May 18 08:56:30 PDT 2005

--- Austin Schutz <tex at off.org> wrote:
> 	My Debug::Toolkit does something similar in a format I like
> (need to publish it one of these days soon), but I ran up against the
> same thing, and the source filter thing scares me - at least, I
> recall having
> odd problems with it.
> 	Surely there's another way of obtaining the variable name. Have
> you ever looked in to trying to extract it from the interpreter's
> data
> structures?

Maybe there's some obscure incantation in the B modules while mucking
about with the padlist, but I don't really do much of that.  PadWalker
might also get me what I want, but I realized I would have trouble
matching the data that I fetch with the data that I have.  It seemed
more trouble than it was worth.  DDS is really simple internally.

Plus, why should a source filter scare you?  This is only a debugging
module.  It's not intended for any sort of production use so there
shouldn't be any exposure.

Cheers,
Ovid