[Pdx-pm] Data::Dumper::Simple

Austin Schutz tex at off.org
Tue May 17 23:38:10 PDT 2005

On Tue, May 17, 2005 at 02:18:23PM -0700, Ovid wrote:
> My code works with a source filter (and, as such, is only recommended
> for use while debugging) and it's documented that the arguments to
> Dumper must be variables, not subroutines (because there's no way of
> knowing how many variables you will get back or what names they should
> have).

	My Debug::Toolkit does something similar in a format I like
(need to publish it one of these days soon), but I ran up against the
same thing, and the source filter thing scares me - at least, I recall having
odd problems with it.
	Surely there's another way of obtaining the variable name. Have
you ever looked in to trying to extract it from the interpreter's data
structures?
	Then again, maybe that's more craziness than it's worth.

	Austin