[Pdx-pm] Bug Bounty

Ovid publiustemp-pdxpm at yahoo.com
Thu May 12 10:18:56 PDT 2005

Hi all,

Thanks for the suggestions for the talk.  It went over better than I
hoped and I have some great ideas for revising it.  The talk is located
at http://users.easystreet.com/ovid/presentations/logic/

And now for the bug bounty:  if anyone is interested, the latest
version of AI::Prolog (0.65) has a test named t/99regression.t.  It has
a failing TODO test.  There are some simple things you can do to get it
to pass, but the problem is much more involved.  Specifically, there
appears to be a fundamental bug in the retract/1 predicate which
removes data from the database.

If anyone is interested in the "bug bounty", I can post the location of
a tiny adventure game that exposes the problem, links to the Java code
that I based the retract/1 predicate on and give some hints on tracking
it down.  I am, regrettably, very busy at work and don't have the time
to look into this and it's *not* an easy problem to solve.  I would
cheerfully by someone dinner, beer, whatever, if they can solve the
problem.

You probably want to look at the horror that is AI::Prolog before you
even think about tackling this
(http://search.cpan.org/dist/AI-Prolog/).

Let me know if you're interested.

Cheers,