[Pdx-pm] perl exit value

Roderick A. Anderson raa at mailporter.net
Tue May 10 14:58:11 PDT 2005

I'm writing a script ( that will be converted to an .exe -- perl2exe )
that is called by Windows program.  The specification , what there is if
it , wants one of three values returned -- 10, 1, 0.  The C code I'm
basing it on uses a return X and since it has been years since I did any
C and never on a Windows system I can't remember or find via a web
search if the perl exit command would provide the same functionality.

   That is , if I exit 10 _should_ the calling program get a 10 as the
returned value?

TIA,
Rod
--