[Pdx-pm] Writing Daemons with Perl?

brendan at hollyking.org brendan at hollyking.org
Wed Mar 9 13:44:54 PST 2005

I have a program that I need to convert to run as a daemon.  That's the
easy part, I found some web pages that showed me how to make the

The information I can't seem to find is how to handle communicating with
the program.  What's a good way to make sure it can shutdown
gracefully, reload if the configuration file is changed and things like

Can anyone point me to a book or websites that might have information on
writing daemons?  I can make the conversion to Perl if the necessary.

Wollhandschuhe halten dich warm.