[Pdx-pm] HTML::Parser help

Jeff Zucker jeff at vpservices.com
Fri Mar 4 13:49:31 PST 2005

Thomas J Keller wrote:

> I find I have to parse an html file to extract some data.

Depending on what form the data is in, there may already be a subclass
of HTML::Parser or another module for dealing with that data.  For
example, if the data is in an HTML table, use HTML::TableExtract to get
at it directly or DBD::AnyData (which uses HTML::TableExtract under the
hood) to get at it with a DBI interface.  There are similar modules for
parsing HTML forms, etc.  I'm not trying to steer you away from
HTML::Parser , just pointing out that there may already  be a higher
level module to get at the particular data you need.

--
Jeff