[Pdx-pm] Tea is weak [was: Perl Testing book]

Rob Bloodgood robb at empire2.com
Wed Jul 27 11:42:20 PDT 2005

Michael G Schwern wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 26, 2005 at 07:30:04PM -0700, Randall Hansen wrote:
>
>>On Jul 26, 2005, at 6:58 PM, Joshua Keroes wrote:
>>
>>>PS Actually, I drink yerba mate. And it's better than both Schwern's
>>>tea *and* Heumann's coffee.
>>
>>heumann doesn't drink coffee, actually.  but thanks to working with
>>me for so long, he's a total espresso snob :)
>

> Real men drink TURKISH COFFEE [1] from BRASS THIMBLES because to drink more
> than that would cause a ball of pure blackness to burn through your stomach,
> the seat you're on, the floor, the ground and eventually wind up embedded
> in the firey core of the Earth!

Actually, having just returned from Turkey, I can attest that is almost
true.  However, I also discovered something else: my wife really likes a
dessert called Turkish Delight, which is sickeningly sweet (typical of
many Turkish desserts), and inedible to me.  But I found out that if one
eats Turkish Delight while sipping Turkish coffee, the extreme sweetness
and extreme bitterness neutralize and create a truly delightful taste.

L8r,
Rob