[Pdx-pm] OT? Java .Net C# unhyped info?

Eric Wilhelm ewilhelm at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jul 14 19:22:33 PDT 2005

# from Phil Tomson
# on Thursday 14 July 2005 05:50 pm:

>However, perhaps we should ask the OP what he's planning to do?

Deliver agile custom software development services to the architecture,
engineering, and construction industry.  It would be nice if I had
something more specific at the moment :-)

also:  Design and implement a CAD file format which is usable in
multiple languages, including C, C++, perl, python, ruby, bash, etc.
Maybe this involves writing libraries in all of these languages and
more or maybe just collaborating with those that are.  In any case, I
had better (like any tourist) at least know how to ask where the
sys.stdout is.

The curiosity about other technologies (I know Linux, Perl, ~Python, ~C,
~Fortran, ~~Ruby, ~~C++, ~~Win32, ~~~?Lisp) is mostly about knowing
"what I don't know" so that I can figure out what I need to know and
whether or not I'm missing something.

--Eric
--
"If you only know how to use a hammer, every problem begins to look like
a nail."