[Pdx-pm] Code Camp

Michael G Schwern schwern at pobox.com
Thu Jul 7 15:29:55 PDT 2005

On Thu, Jul 07, 2005 at 03:11:13PM -0700, Kris Bosland wrote:
> Once more on this topic, and on the topic of net communication.  I felt
> that this information was relevent and not explicit about this event, but
> really I was not trying to imply through unfinished sentances that this
> was Evil just because it it MicroSoft.  I just didn't know what words to
> add or subtract to convey the extra information that would have been
> portrayed by my tone of voice, and I did not have a person whom I was
> speaking to, to guage their reaction and add extra information where I
> perceived gaps in my communication.  How do other people deal with the
> tone deaf communication in email and web pages?  Are there good phrases
> that can take the place of voice tone information?

This reads like one of those big legal disclaimers Big Stupid Companies like
to put at the end of their employee emails which States The Blindlingly
Obvious.

Don't sweat it.

http://www.ncf.ca/ip/help/dictionary/smilies.en

;)

--
Michael G Schwern     schwern at pobox.com     http://www.pobox.com/~schwern
'All anyone gets in a mirror is themselves,' she said. 'But what you