[Pdx-pm] Starting from scratch with Module::Build

Eric Wilhelm ewilhelm at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jul 1 12:26:41 PDT 2005

# The following was supposedly scribed by
# chromatic
# on Friday 01 July 2005 11:03 am:

>> From Marvin:
>>  If it's there and I didn't  see it, forgive me... if not,
>>  how about a one-liner, specified in
>> the   Module::Build docs, that I can go back to time and again?

I think it just got added to Module::Build::Authoring in 1.9.

>Module::Starter's module-starter command may help.  I haven't tried
> it, but it looks very handy.

It works.  There were some minor bugs in the test generation (did the
fixes get released yet?)  I'm still digging on it when I get the chance
trying to figure out how to get a customized template setup and maybe
some hooks for version control.

There has recently been some work by John Peacock on an XS setup with
M:B and M:S.

--Eric
--
"Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge."
-- Charles Darwin