[Pdx-pm] Library Title sort ordering

Keith Lofstrom keithl at kl-ic.com
Wed Jan 19 20:56:03 PST 2005

Public libraries sort titles with various stop words ignored.  For
example, here are three video titles in library order:

Das Boot
The Castle
Return of the King, The

I would like to find a string comparison module that incorporates
all the funny rules that librarians use to do this ordering.

I am not very good at hunting through CPAN yet;  a half-hour of searching
through a lot of irrelevant stuff came up with Tie::Hash::Abbrev::BibRefs
which does a few of the right things for different reasons.

While the name of a module would be nice, some clues as to how to
look through CPAN for something like this would be more useful.
Of course, such clues would be based on a successful search.

Keith