[Pdx-pm] Need a G4 iBook boot disk

Michael G Schwern schwern at pobox.com
Mon Apr 11 15:30:50 PDT 2005

My iBook seems to have developed a bad block or three (at least that's all
I hope it is) and I want to do a bad block scan.  Unfortunately I don't
have any CD from which I can boot this thing [1].  So could
someone bring along to the meeting on Wednesday a 10.3 boot disk or copy
of the TechTool Deluxe CD that will boot a G4 iBook so I can do a bad block
scan?

[1] Long story short: my G3 iBook was such a lemon that I got Apple to
replace it, but since they weren't making G3 iBooks anymore they gave me
a G4.  Alas, I didn't think to ask if my existing CDs would work.  They
don't.