[Pdx-pm] OT - class suggestions

selena at chesnok.com selena at chesnok.com
Tue Apr 5 09:12:41 PDT 2005

I have a friend that would like to take a programming class
that's geared toward practical problem solving.  He's a mechanic
and tooling repairman with a few years of tinkering experience
with linux, python and freely-available CAD programs (qcad).

Does anyone have a suggestion?  I looked at PCC and there was
an intro to C class - but I didn't know the instructor (Ralph
Carpenter?). Is there some other source of this type of course?

He's looking for a classroom environment because the "training from
home" doesn't work so well with his 3 boys running around the house.

-selena