[Pdx-pm] cpan shell question

Austin Schutz tex at off.org
Tue Sep 21 00:45:25 CDT 2004

On Mon, Sep 20, 2004 at 03:22:40PM -0700, Thomas J Keller wrote:
> Hi All,
> I've got an installation problem. This is the error message I get:
>
> ld: archive: libs/libsw.a has no table of contents, add one with
> ranlib(1) (can't load from it)
>
> Can I run ranlib from within the CPAN shell?

cpan> help
<output snipped>
Other
 h,?           display this menu       ! perl-code   eval a perl command
 o conf ÄoptÅ  set and query options   q             quit the cpan shell
 reload cpan   load CPAN.pm again      reload index  load newer indices
 autobundle    Snapshot                force cmd     unconditionally do cmd
cpan> ! system ranlib
Unquoted string "ranlib" may clash with future reserved word at (eval 7) line 2, <STDIN> line 1.
Usage: ranlib [options] archive
 Generate an index to speed access to archives
 The options are:
  -h --help                    Print this help message
  -V --version                 Print version information
ranlib: supported targets: elf32-i386 a.out-i386-linux efi-app-ia32 elf32-little elf32-big elf64-x86-64 elf64-little elf64-big srec symbolsrec tekhex binary ihex trad-core
cpan>

	Austin