[Pdx-pm] bioperl request for help

Thomas J Keller kellert at ohsu.edu
Wed Sep 15 13:00:20 CDT 2004

Hi all,
Sorry 'bout the "uber-secret' email sent earlier. All I did was forward
the email I got from bioperl.org.
Here's the request for help:

Some kind of 'nightly build' system for Bioperl - which automatically
builds the current Bioperl distribution from CVS, runs the tests and
reports problems - was mentioned as a good idea at the BOF at BOSC
2004. I've spent a bit of time looking at open source build monitoring
tools, and I'm pretty frustrated. Everything out there seems to be
either really hard to install (e.g. Mozilla Tinderbox) or incomplete
(Test::AutoBuild).

Has anyone worked on something like this before? Does anyone have
recommendations?

Thanks,
Peter