[Pdx-pm] Testing demo ideas

Ovid curtis_ovid_poe at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 13 11:24:01 CDT 2004

Hi all,

I'm trying to get some ideas for the module to build for the testing demo at the next Perl Mongers
meeting.  Here are some ground rules:

1.  The module should be generally understandable.  Many would not appreciate or understand a
neural network.

2.  The module(s) should avoid requirements outside of the Perl core.  I'll have Template,
DBD::SQLite, Class::DBI and other tools I enjoy installed, but I can't guarantee that your
particular favorite will be there.

3.  Too much setup work will bog down the demo.  Thus, the aforementioned non-core modules might
not be suitable for use.

4.  "Fun" modules will obviously have more appeal than typical "Currency conversion" type
modules, but I realize that the latter might be more practical.

5.  Anything with weird edge cases would be great.

Also, I prefer working with object oriented code, but I also realize that some of you may have no
experience there and throwing too many things at you at once may confuse things (which is one of
the reasons I won't be using Class::MethodMaker.)  OO Perl is ridiculously simple, but that could
just be my perspective.  Does anyone have strong feelings on this matter?

Cheers,
Ovid

=====
Silence is Evil            http://users.easystreet.com/ovid/philosophy/indexdecency.htm